Enable Controllers in Steam:
Not needed for SteamOS and Steam Deck
For the Steam Deck or SteamOS based devices this is not needed as they are enabled by default.
Make sure you have installed the
steam-devices is a part of the Steam installation for many distrubtions, but it could be diffrent depending on what you are running.
Steam usually complains with warnings if
steam-devices is missing.
steam-devices is not installed, please check your distrubtion on how to do so.
Enable Controller Inputs
Open up Steam
- In Steam press the
- Go to
Settingsthis opens up S
- Press and enable all Steam Inputs for:
- Xbox Controllers.
- PlayStation Controllers.
- Switch Pro Controllers.
- Generic Controllers.
- Close the
Change controller templates in Steam
- You need to have enabled controller input in Steam (above).
- You need to have added RetroDECK to Steam, more info here: Add RetroDECK to Steam
- You need to have the controller or controllers plugged in / connected for the
Controller Iconto show up next to the Cog icon in each game and
- Click on RetroDECK in Steam
- Make sure you have a controller plugged in / connected
- Click on the new
Controller Icon 🎮next to the ⚙️ icon on the right side of the Steam window.
- By pressing on it you will open the
Steam Inputwindow wher you can customize the controllers inputs / download community templates / enable the RetroDECK templates for your controller.
- Read more information here: RetroDECK with Steam Input and the
Controllers and Input 🎮section on this wiki.