Scraping allows you to make the games look "pretty" with coverarts, icons, discimages and more. Read up on the ES-DE userguide on scraping here:
- On most occasions you want to use ScreenScraper and not TheGamesDB. But for PC titles scraping from TheGamesDB might be better.
- You will need to register an account on ScreenScraper.fr to scrape (support them on Patreon for faster downloads, more scrapes per day and priority scraping).
- Login to your Screenscraper.fr account inside of the ES-DE interface in RetroDECK
- Choose what content you want to scrape (remember that each content you choose could take up several mb of data per game).
- Do an initial scrape of all the games you want to scrape.
- If some games are missed do a more narrow scraping by enabling
Scraper -> Other Settings -> Interactive Mode -> On& Scraper ->
Other Settings -> Auto-Accept Single Game Matches -> Onand choose to scrape by games missing metadata. This will allow you to select each game from a list and also tweak the searches of the missing games.
- In some cases you need to remove certain aspects of the name like if a rom comes both with a Japanese name and English name, you could try to remove one of the names to find a better result.